Thursday, July 26, 2012

Peanut Butter Iced Coffee

Happy Thursday to you all! I hope everyone's having a great week!


In my Treat Thursday post last week, I mentioned that I am loving peanut butter iced coffee, and I promised that I'd have the recipe for you soon. Well, here it is! This is SUCH a delicious treat. And that's definitely what I consider it - a treat. I'm not making this for myself everyday, but once every couple weeks it sure does hit the spot!

The recipe is from Steph's Bite by Bite. I tweaked it slightly, and my version is below. Feel free to play around with these ingredients. It's definitely a flexible recipe! Steph's recipe calls for more creamer than I use, and it also calls for vanilla extract, which I don't add. But you certainly can! You can also add more or less coffee, more or less milk, a different flavored creamer, etc., depending on your preferences.

Ingredients:

-1 and 1/2 cups brewed coffee (preferably stronger coffee), refrigerated for at least two hours or overnight
-approx. 1/3 cup milk (I use 1%)
-approx. 1 tsp. french vanilla creamer
-dash of cinnamon
-1 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter
-handful of ice

Instructions:

Pour the coffee, milk, creamer, cinnamon, and peanut butter into a blender. Blend for about 30 to 45 seconds, or until the ingredients are well blended and the liquid is frothy. Put the ice in a glass or mug, and pour the coffee mixture over top. 

Enjoy and feel refreshed!!




Although the recipe calls for a full tablespoon of peanut butter, I have added closer to just two teaspoons sometimes when I've made this, and the peanut butter flavor is still very noticeable.



Love me some frothy coffee!


What's not to love about combining peanut butter and coffee? They are two flavors that I love.
And I also love that you know you're getting a little protein as you enjoy this drink. ;)


I typically drink my coffee with only milk or cream and I don't any added sweetener. So, that's why I didn't add the extra creamer or vanilla extract that's in the original recipe; I don't want mine to be too sweet. Personally, I think that the peanut butter adds plenty of flavor on its own, so you really don't need many other additions! I will say that the dash of cinnamon really boosts the flavor another notch though and is a key addition in my variation of this recipe. ;)


When I make this coffee, it doesn't take long for my cup to look like it does in this picture. I'm always sad when a good thing is gone! But then I'm glad to know that I can easily make this recipe again. And I will!!!

And by the way, the cup in this picture? It's from the best coffee shop on the island of Kauai. Java Kai was our go-to coffee shop when we visited Kauai last summer! If you're ever there and you're a coffee fan, you've gotta check it out. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment